Camden Scripture - 4 Days per week
The job encompasses three key responsibilities:
- Teach SRE to year 7 and 8 students at Camden and Elderslie High Schools. You will be at Camden High on Monday and Friday, and at Elderslie High on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Connect students with church based youth ministries. This will involve developing strategic partnerships such as getting local youth leaders involved in voluntary lunchtime groups.
- Promote the ministry. Deliver presentations and participate in interviews at local Church services or special supporter events twice per term.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a committed Christian who is actively involved in a church community (preferably in the Macarthur region)
- Relate well to students, teachers and supporters.
- Hold or be willing to study towards, a Diploma in Theology.
- Have a current Working With Children Check number.
- Have completed a church based Child Protection Training course in the last 3 years.
- Adhere to the Nicene Creed.
- Be authorised to teach SRE by a Department of Education approved SRE provider.
Additional weight will be given to candidates with:
- Youth ministry experience.
- Classroom teaching experience.
- Additional theological training, such as an Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Accredited Teacher training such as a Dip Ed.
This is a 4 day per week permanent part-time position commencing on 22 January 2018.
This ministry role is Fringe Benefits Tax Exempt which means that only 40% of your remuneration will be subject to income tax. The starting salary range (excluding super) will be between $32,000 and $37,500 depending on your level of training and experience (this is the equivalent of $37,500 to $46,000 if no Fringe Benefits Tax Exemption is applied).
Remuneration will increase each year according to the Generate pay scale as more experience is gained.
Superannuation, Long Service Leave, Annual Leave, Sick and Carers Leave are all included according to the National Employment Standards in the Fair Work Act 2009.
For more information please contact Chairperson, Rev. David Barrie, directly on (02) 4651 2226 | 0425 348 368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please complete the online application form